R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!!!

I was playing the song from the QUEEN herself,(click here to view)  this morning. Little did I know that it would set the tone for this message.

I am appalled at some of the things that go on in our society on a day-to-day basis. Young people seem to no longer have respect for the elderly; which is an absolute MISNOMER.


        


A young man in his 20s openly insulted an elderly woman of about 60, for correcting him about addressing her rudely. All the other persons in the office, told him off without mincing words. He still kept on displaying his rudeness till I left the place.Some years ago, this would have been unthinkable in a society such as ours. But after what I witnessed today, I wonder again; has civilization done us more harm than good?

I remember a scene from one of Tyler Perry's Madea movies, where she berates a young member of the family for having no respect. In her words, 'I belong to the school of yes ma'am,  no ma'am, thank you ma'am and excuse me.' It goes to show that even the 'West' who some people will hold responsible for the moral decadence still find respect for the elderly a 'fashionable value'. So what's our excuse?

What would your reaction have been?