Little Kehinde shares a story

Hi everyone,

Find below a story written by JMAD, a blogger who is passionate about using New Media to do good. Kindly do what you can, and most importantly, spread the word. Thank you.

Eky.


Little Kehinde shares a story.

soft copy on phone
That’s me and Taye in Aunty Alaba’s hands. May God bless those hands.
My name is Kehinde Olaniyi, but you can call me Keny: I was born three weeks ago with my twin Taye. Mummy says I have Multiple Congenital Anomalies (MCA).  I don’t know what it means, but Aunty JMAD will explain it better to you.
MCA is a condition which is present at the time of birth with two or more unrelated major structural malformations, that can’t be explained by a syndrome or sequence. In Keny’s case he has the following;
  • Hernia: – This is the protrusion of an organ through the wall of the cavity that normally contains it.
  • Cryptorchidism: – This is also known as undescended testicles. As a boy grows inside his mother’s womb, his testicles form inside his abdomen and moves down (descend) into the scrotum shortly before birth but in this case Keny’s testicle is outside the scrotum. If it’s not treated may become damaged which could affect fertility or lead to other medical problems.
  • No Gluteal Cleft: – This simply means he doesn’t have a “butt crack”, this is the groove between the buttocks.
  • Scoliosis: – This is a condition in which a person’s spine is curved from side to side. If viewed from the rear may look like an S or C instead of a straight line. This could lead to putting lots of pressure on the heart, restriction of physical activities.
  • Skin rashes
  • Weighs 1.54kg. Some other test will be out soon.
20130517_153021
I’ve chosen to be strong for his sake. Through a network of friends, I got in contact with the lady championing this cause. Her name is Alaba Olukotun (Taniz Makeover). She’s a corper serving in Abuja; Kenny’s father is her Cab man. This is what she said “When I saw the baby, I couldn’t stand it; tears rolled down my face like a baby, and I decided, that I can’t just watch him grow like that”. She went further to take pictures with Keny to prove her genuineness. She goes to the hospital all the time with his mother; she’s not so conversant with English language.
IMG-20130514-WA0001
We may never meet Keny in our lives here on earth but we can collectively do something that will touch him irrespective of our current locations. The doctors have recommended a surgery that will cost over two million naira (N2, 000,000.00).
She opened an account for him. Here’s the bank detail: -
Bank Name – First Bank Plc.
Branch – Utako, Abuja.
Acct. Name – Kehinde Olaniyi
Acct. No. – 3071759501
You may not afford the entire sum but whatever it is, however little , will go a long way. We’ve been given a voice that yields actions, to help those who have no voice at all. By God’s grace Kenny will live. I’m hopeful, we all should be.  I’m already looking forward to writing a post on his recovery. Please remember all that was said in my previous post at: http://jmadreflects.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/fast-lane/
Don’t say “It is well”, when you have the required help in your hands.
May God richly reward you, as you sow a seed of kindness in Kenny’s life.
You can contact me for more information or Alaba Olukotun on this number +234-8060-524-722. Please spread the story, reblog, broadcast on BB.
LOADS OF LOVE
JMAD.

2 comments

Yes ma, thank you for spreading the word.