Randoms

Hello my beautiful reader,

Good afternoon. I trust you have been having a great week. I have, except that I feel like a farmer who is in planting season. This Lagos eh, na wa. I have been arriving home at 10pm or later, every night for the past 2 weeks and am in dire need of a massage (TAKE NOTE, HE WHO KNOWS HIMSELF).

Anyway, today am just going to describe briefly a few people I know and their favorite expressions. There is this lady, who is like a big sister to me. She loves watching Tyler Perry movies.....and loves MADEA.......anytime I hear or see Tyler or a Madea movie especially "Hellurrrrrrrrr" , I think of her. Entreaty; Tyler, come to Nigeria oh, your wife is waiting here.......

I used to have a boss who always told my former colleagues "Its not rocket science" and would scratch his face 3 or 4 times afterwards....... This expression eventually became annoying, because it usually meant that someone was getting a dressing down; most likely in public.

I spoke to my cousin today; he is quite dear to me and I used to have a crush on him when I was younger...... I always laugh when we talk cos he would always say " we are looking for money for 'kpokpo garri' and 'bonga fish'...... Once I mentioned bread, and he responded, "we have not graduated to bread yet". Today he added a new one;"I am looking for creche dues." Hustle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


There is this father I have; am glad to have met him. Anytime you talk to him, you understand why there must be a God in heaven; who loves us in spite of all our wrongdoing. He is also more funky than you young ones, who think going clubbing is the height of having fun; one day in church, while illustrating something, he suddenly goes "Laid back" a la Snoop Dogg........... Imagine how much fun church is with him and God @ the helm of affairs.

I am amazed at how much I remember and just realized that I will have to serialize this post......okay back to the regular programming. There's this very nice young chap I know, intelligent, unique and a good guy; a geek who isn't geeky. He loves horror movies and has a serious distaste for reality TV; anytime you scroll past the E channel on DSTV, particularly if  'Keeping with the Kardashians' is on, he will go "5 brain cells just died".....

Oh, my friend and sister from secondary school; how could I forget her? We have come a long way and she has seen me through life`s many different kettles of fish that I have been in. Recently, it amuses me to hear her say "its not easy for shizzy"......... but I definitely know where she`s coming from.



My dearly beloved mum. The best woman in the whole world. Anytime I hear someone say, "are you alright?" my mind flashes back to childhood; usually you heard that just before you got a sound whipping. Your butt would give you a report even 3 days later..... Tough love.

Since am pressed for time, this is the last person in today`s episode that you will meet through my eyes. He-who-shall-not-be-named. This one? has a repertoire of expressions, he can pass for a rapper with many punch lines. And the voice is amazing, I might add "Success banishes insults." "If you are not self sufficient, you can't afford to be arrogant" "What makes a man are his word and his balls". The others? Well, let`s say they are for my consumption only. Before you girls out there, ..............................................*smiling mischievously.

That`s all folks (for today). Do share your experiences in the comments box. 
Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments

amusing... Liked the third person view given to me to these people's world, and how they have mad an impact on you.

yes.....will serialize this. There`s tons more where this came from, just be on the lookout. You might recognize yourself too (maybe)